Today’s a big news day, huh? Just on the heels of my post about the Kids’ Book Awards Finalists, Every Child a Reader announced that not only is Jason Reynolds extending his term as the National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature for an additional year, but that they are accepting proposal submissions from schools interesting in hosting an event with Mr. Reynolds! Events are likely to be held in April/May 2022, as Mr. Reynolds will be holding in-person events. The press release is here and you can read full details on the Every Child a Reader website.
If you’re not a school library, please consider getting in touch with schools nearby and collaborate with them on submitting a proposal. Other criteria, from Every Child a Reader, are as follows:
- Audience for events should be in the 5th-12th grade range.
- The location should have a system in place for how they will select two student interviewees in advance of the event.
- Jason’s goal for the Ambassadorship is to visit small, underserved communities that don’t often have the opportunity to host authors.
- Events must be private/available to students only.
- Please complete this google form with your event proposal no later than December 1, 2021.